Mar 14, 2009

Shower Frequency


Now, this may sound like a strange topic when you think about your work week ahead, today or tomorrow, your normal hygiene, but we run our lives around our current daily schedule and a shower is normally part of our every day life.

So, the bottom line question is... How Often Do We Really... Need... To Take A Shower...?

Well the answer lies in a self examination or question an answer session as it relates to our daily life...

Take the parts out of this discussion as it relates to you and use or just plain laugh at my experiences with body recognition as I have gone though life.

When I was growing up in the 30's, yes I said the 30's, I was 7 years old when 1940 came along, so I do have a bit of experience, mostly from Mom's ' kind of ' strict voice, "Take Your Bath Before You Go To Bed", god love her, she guided me through my fishing smells, my pulling weeds smells, my mowing the lawn smells, my spearing fish trips to the swamps or my working on every guys bike or car. I wasn't a bad little guy I just wasn't into the body washing routine as a way of life... Since then I've gone through cycles in showering.

I've developed a simple body odor test that works for me... It may work for you also... Instead of the sniff under the arm pit, which never looks too great if someone is watching, walk down a hallway, stop and turn around real quick, the smell you pick up is what YOU left behind...

Course, there can't be any windows open at the ends of the hallway. I thought I was OK for months till I realized I was smelling the good old outdoors, instead of me.

I know you'll be saying, "why not just shower every day" ? Well that's a good question and my only response is... Know how much time in your life you use, just to shower and to wash your hair each day...?

Say it takes you an hour to do that... 365 hours/year times 75 years equals 27,375 hours that I spent in the shower at my age now....

Divide that by 24 hours/day and it equals 1,141 days.

That's 3 & 1/8 years of my life...!!! Just spent in the shower...!!!

Gees Louise... That's a lot of time wasted in my lifetime, just to wash my body ...!

So, consider this, if I had switched to a:

shower twice a week, that's only 7800 hours or 325 days
shower once a week, that's only 3900 hours or 166 days...
shower once a month, that's only 900 hours or 38 days...

38 Days In a Lifetime Sounds Much Better Than 3 years...!!!

So... The moral of this story is... If You Want More Productive Time In Your Life...

Take Fewer Showers Or Shorter Ones...

Have a Great Future...

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Jay_DuShay

0 komentar:

Post a Comment

 

Time Management Tips for Your Life Copyright © 2008 Black Brown Pop Template by Ipiet's Blogger Template